The Annaberg Sugar Mill on St. John is a ruin designed and built exclusively for the production of raw cane sugar and its two valuable byproducts, rum and molasses. It was built between 1797 and 1805. In the beginning we were dependent on Asian and Mediterranean cane growers, but on Christopher Columbus' second voyage to the West Indies in 1493, he brought sugar cane to the tropical Americas.

Boiling House

Structures mixed with coral, shell and rock.
No comments:
Post a Comment