Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Charlestown, SC

Coming into Charlestown was quite a treat. We immediately were reminded of Maine. Right in the same harbor we recognized two boats from our past. The first was the "Francis Marion" from Northeast Harbor and the second was "Serenity" from Belfast. The Francis Marion was a boat that Steve helped take care of when with Morris Yachts and the Serenity was a boat that we chartered during our wedding and for a few years after before she was sold to its current owner.

Charlestown is full of Civil War History. We actually sailed past Fort Sumter where I believe the first shots of the war were fired, upon coming into port. We would have loved to take in more of the history but didn't have enough time. We did however enjoy its aquarium!


Entering Charlestown Harbor


Maddie holding a cute little box turtle


We didn't let the kids hold this cute little alligator!

What is that red fish swimming at the bottom of the tank anyway????

Emma and Maddie showing the big fat "goober" fish


Serenity...

Charlestown, South Carolina
November 15, 2009

1 comment:

  1. Love the gator. You guys look like you are having a blast. The girls are growing up fast.
    PS Thanks for the bday gift. It's on my book shelf now, but I'm sure I heard you in when I held it to my ear.

    ReplyDelete